£11.32 - £14.09 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
27 days ago
3 months +
A 3 Month+ opportunity has arisen for a Local Taxation Officer within the local authorities in Nuneaton..
To deal with the effective processing of billing and collection with regard to Council Tax and Non-Domestic Rates.
- To be responsible for comprehensive administration support to officers as directed by the line manger including word processing of reports and letters and minute taking
- To be responsible for the opening of the daily post, processing of cheques and monies, and monitoring of letters as part of KPI returns.
- Assist in the stock condition collection process and ensure compliance with best practise
- To assist in the inputting and verification of all asset data following stock condition surveys and following completions of work undertaken by the department
- To be responsible for the maintenance and management of the Document Imaging System, including Housing Contracts file management, preparation of paperwork for scanning, data capture and storage in accordance with Data Protection and Access to Information legislation
- To produce monthly performance monitoring data reports and work to ensure that the performance target is met including proactively gaining customer satisfaction by various avenues e.g. conducting telephone surveys
- Recent and relevant experience of working in a Local Taxation or Debt Collection environment
- Recent and relevant experience of working in an office environment with computer and manual records
- Knowledge of Local Taxation and/or a large-scale billing computer system.
- Knowledge of Local Taxation legislation
- Competent with Microsoft Office Packages, particularly Word and Excel and Inputting and processing data within these programmes.
- Knowledge of billing systems
Rate of pay
PAYE: £11.32 + Holiday Pay
Hours of work are 09:00am-5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.