£12.85 - £13.50 per hour
5 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Local Taxation Officer to join our clients offices based in Docklands on a temporary contract basis for 4 months with the possibility of an extension.
To be successful for this Local Taxation Officer post you will need to have:
- To develop and maintain an extensive technical and working knowledge of Council Tax, Business Rates and the Business Improvement District Levy administration and enforcement.
- To carry out administrative and enforcement functions in respect of the billing, collection and recovery of Local Taxation in line with legislation, guidance , corporate policies, procedures and standards; ensuring all records are accurately maintained and collection maximised.
- To monitor by working through reports to ensure recovery processes are up to date and effective.
- Effective use of excellent negotiation and decision making skills.
- Dealing with complex telephone calls from customers that are referred by the Customer Services Team.
- To ensure that all applications for exemptions, discounts, disregards and reliefs are verified and correctly processed, ensuring at all times customers are notified of the outcome.
As the Local Taxation Officer, your main duties will include:
- 5 GCSE's including Maths and English or equivalent at Grade C / 4 or above
- Experience in using Microsoft Office packages to produce correspondence and spreadsheets
- Experience dealing with customers across a range of channels
- Good organisational skills and time management
- Team player with flexible approach to work
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.