£12.85 - £13.49 per hour
18 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Local Taxation Officer to join our clients offices based in Newbury on a temporary contract basis for 5 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Local Taxation Officer, your main duties will include:
- To develop and maintain an extensive technical and working knowledge of Council Tax, Business Rates and the Business Improvement District Levy administration and enforcement.
- To carry out administrative and enforcement functions in respect of the billing, collection and recovery of Local Taxation in line with legislation, guidance , corporate policies, procedures and standards; ensuring all records are accurately maintained and collection maximised.
- To monitor by working through reports to ensure recovery processes are up to date and effective.
- Effective use of excellent negotiation and decision making skills.
- Dealing with complex telephone calls from customers that are referred by the Customer Services Team.
- To ensure that all applications for exemptions, discounts, disregards and reliefs are verified and correctly processed, ensuring at all times customers are notified of the outcome.
To be successful for this Local Taxation Officer post you will need:
- 5 GCSE's including Maths and English or equivalent at Grade C / 4 or above
- Experience in using Microsoft Office packages to produce correspondence and spreadsheets
- Previous experience of using an online computer database
- Experience of local government revenue collection or similar private section employment
- Experience of responding to customers by telephone, face to face and in writing.
- Previous use of Northgate Revenues Systems
- Knowledge of legislation in relation to Local Taxation and Enforcement
- Significant knowledge of effective income collection techniques
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.