£19.59 - £20.57 per hour
about 1 year ago
Our client is seeking a Licensing Officer on the initial 5 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
35 hours per week
Monday - Friday
The aim of the Licensing Team is to create and maintain a safe environment for the variety of activities that take place for which it has legal responsibility to set conditions and to enforce regulations. This should be of benefit to both providers and users of licensed premises not only making users confident in the standards applied in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and the London Borough of Merton, but also to ensure there is a consistent standard between providers
Duties and Responsibilities-
- To carry out compliance visits of premises to determine suitability for the grant, transfer or renewal of a licence and to report upon and advise upon these finding for a range of licensable activities administered by the Licensing Team.
- To investigate complaints and to follow up on enquiries about licensing matters. To assess the situation and to initiate appropriate action in accordance with the Council's enforcement policy.
- To collate and prepare reports for submission before the Licensing Sub-Committee and to work and assist Democratic Services in their preparation to organise a hearing for contested licence applications.
-To case manage enquiries, representations and statutory objections made in connection with licence applications. As part of the case management function the officer shall ensure all necessary administration functions, carried out by the administration support for the Licensing Team, has been carried out and that all interested parties both internal and external have been correctly informed within statutory requirements.
- To ensure information and work undertaken in connection with the duties expected of an officer of the Licensing Authority is formally recorded on the central computer database used by both authorities (Civica Flare for the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and M3 Northgate for the London Borough of Merton).
- To prepare and present reports, witness statements and to collate evidence for submission to hearings before the Licensing Sub-Committee, Magistrates and Crown Courts where applications are contested or subject to an appeal.
- To carry out, out of hours during performance visits of licensed premises in accordance with the needs of the service.
- To provide advice and to assist the Licensing Team Leader when offering advice to the Council on the discharge of its statutory responsibilities as the Licensing Authority.
- To work in partnership with other stakeholder agencies such as the Metropolitan Police, Gambling Commission, Her Majesties Revenue and Customs and London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority and to ensure that any information shared is provided in accordance with information sharing protocols already in place.
- To maintain an awareness of and expertise in current licensing legislation and to become and remain a member of the Institute of Licensing. To share experience, offer guidance and support to other officers within the Licensing Team. To offer help and guidance to officers of the Council based in other departments on licensing matters.
Skills and Experience-
- To have an excellent in depth knowledge of the regulations relating to P.A.C.E (Police and Criminal Evidence Act) R.I.P.A (Regulatory of Investigatory Powers Act) CPIA (Criminal Procedures Investigation Act) and be capable of conducting investigations and interviews accordingly.
- Must have Licensing Enforcement Background
- Premises licenses, tracks betting and the registration of lotteries (administered under the Gambling Act 2005);
- Street Trading (administered under the London Local Authorities Act 1990 (as amended)
- To have an excellent in depth knowledge of the regulations relating to P.A.C.E, R.I.P.A, CPIA
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.