Up to £15.83 per hour + PAYE + Holiday Pay
5 days ago
3 months +
A 3 months+ opportunity for a Licensing Enforcement Officer has arisen with the local authorities in Barnstaple, Devon.
You will be required to suppor the efficient delivery of licences, registrations, notices, and permits etc.
Undertake licensing inspections of premises and taxi and private hire vehicles.
Investigate complaints regarding licensed and unlicensed activities.
Offer technical licensing advice to a variety of stakeholders.
* Alcohol and entertainment
* Taxi and private hire
* Animal welfare (dog breeding and animal boarding, zoos, riding schools etc.)
* Skin piercing
* Scrap metal.
Skills and Experience:
- You will have an up to date knowledge of relevant licensing legislation and guidance. You will possess the BIIAB Level 2 Award for Licensing Practitioners (in Alcohol and Gambling) or equivalent, and relevant training in respect of animal welfare licensing (e.g. zoos, riding establishments, dog breeders).
- Enforcing relevant legislation, including the accurate drafting and service of Notices.
- Promoting compliance and exercising professional judgement, as appropriate.
- You will have sufficient technical and legal knowledge across licensing functions, including the Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005, hackney carriage and private hire and animal welfare in order to regulate effectively.
Hours of work are 9am till 5pm, 22 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.