£15 - £19 per hour
about 1 month ago
To perform the duties of a licensing officer to help the Council deliver an efficient and effective licensing service. To handle licence applications and enquiries, monitor compliance with conditions and relevant legislation, and to investigate complaints and incidents and take appropriate enforcement action as required To provide professional and technical advice to colleagues, Councillors, customers and external bodies as required
Duties will include:
1. To process, assess and determine applications and issue licences.
2. To deal with complaints and enquiries received in relation to licensed activity.
3. To produce and maintain accurate records associated with tasks carried out and to compose letters, reports, notices or other relevant material as required.
4. To carry out checks on the operation of licensed activity as required (this may be outside of office hours including weekends).
5. To organise and lead on operations with other agencies in order to prevent or detect crime or breaches of legislation or licence conditions.
6. To conduct investigations and instigate enforcement action in line with the enforcement policy, including carrying out PACE interviews.
7. To prepare legal case files and present evidence at Court in connection with prosecutions and/or appeals against decisions of the Council.
8. To prepare and present reports for the Licensing and Safety Committee and Panels.
9. To act in a co-ordinating role in respect of unauthorised encampments in the Borough.
10. To undertake liaison with trade bodies and organisations such as Pubwatch and taxi trade associations
11.To report to the line manager any work-related matter likely to give rise to significant risk to personal or public safety.
12. Such other duties as may from time to time be necessary and compatible with the nature of the post. It should be noted that the above list of main duties and responsibilities is not necessarily a complete statement of the final duties of the post. It is intended to give an overall view of the position and should be taken as guidance only.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.