£12.00 - £15.00 per hour
23 days ago
We have an amazing opportunity for an Licencing enforcement officer in the Warwickshire area,
As the , your main duties will include:
To assist the Regulatory Manager in ensuring that all licences, permits and registrations are correctly issued and that all conditions attached to them are complied with.
To be successful for this post you will need to have:
- To be responsible, under the direction of the Regulatory Manager and Team Leader, for all matters relating to the licensing and enforcement of licenses, registrations, permits and consents issued by the council and to ensure that the Council's statutory responsibilities are complied with.
- Provide accurate technical and legislative advice and assistance, coordinate responsible authorities responses and public objections, Investigate illegal trading, issuing licenses, investigating complaints, inspect vehicles, premises and businesses to ensure legal compliance. Determine and take the appropriate course of action with reference to current legislation, case law and guidance. Such as notices, suspensions. Taking witness statements, conducting interviews under caution, collecting and presenting evidence including preparation of case documents, liaison with legal representatives and attendance as a witness in Court proceedings.
- Take lead the responsibility for licensing subject areas as allocated by the Regulatory Manager and Licensing Team Leader. This includes the development, maintenance of policies in accordance with legislation, case law, guidance and good practice. Plan, implement and co-ordinate interventions and multi-agency operations.
- Undertake duties associated with licenses which require committee hearings including arranging hearings, handling objections, communication between applicant, responsible authorities, elected members and any other person.
- High level of interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to prepare concise and accurate written material, including record decisions reached with their reasons
- Ability to work under own initiative and within a team.
- Well organized.
- Ability to cope under pressure
Five years in an enforcement position including working with PACE, Experience of collecting and presenting evidence in accordance with legislation, guidance and procedures.
- A relevant degree, equivalent qualification or work experience
If you are interested in this postion, please contact me on: 0203802797
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.