£9.00 - £9.45 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Library and Information Assistant on an initial 1 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
21 Hours per week
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
- To be the first point of contact for the councils customers who visit Information Service sites and Libraries to enquire about Council services.
- To deliver a high level of customer service to everyone in the community including vulnerable people and those with diverse needs.
- To understand the customer's needs, record enquiries and refer customers to the appropriate department.
- To take payments for Council services as required, including supporting customers to use electronic and kiosk payment methods.
- To help deliver the Universal Library Offers of reading, information, learning, health and digital access to Library customers.
- To work in a variety of sites as required, for example at a Library, combined Library and information Service site or a standalone Information Service site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To deal with customer enquiries by telephone, electronically, post or face to face. Establish the reason for service requests, record and refer in accordance with procedures and instructions.
- To be enthusiastic, positive and flexible in approaching the variety of tasks and work patterns to meet customer demand.
- To assist with the maintenance, re-shelving and presentation of stock.
- To promote the Library and Information Service to all members of the community ensuring equal access to services.
- To participate in the delivery of activities such as story times and events for children and adults.
- To help adults and children find suitable books and information.
- To assist customers in the use of self-service kiosks where appropriate.
- To operate with due regard to Council's policies and procedures, GDPR guidelines and best practice.
For this job role you will need the following:
- You are eligible to work in the UK
- Last two employee
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases