£168 - £209.16 per day + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
13 days ago
A 4 Month+ opportunity for a Libraries and Heritage Project Manager has arisen within the local authorities in Southwark.
Key aspects of the role
- Design, develop and lead on behalf of the Libraries & Heritage Manager projects to deliver key building and design capital projects relating to the Library & Heritage service
- Responsible for project initiation, baseline research, scoping, objectives, project plans and key milestones, involving relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility, for all projects managed.
- Leading on consultation with key stakeholders including senior managers, staff, and local community regarding projects (via surveys and focus groups).
- To contribute towards the strategic development of the Library & Heritage Service to meet local regional and national objectives.
- To write briefings and complex reports on library service projects and advise senior managers
- An understanding of the role of libraries and heritage in regeneration, economic and community development
- Knowledge and appreciation of project manager functions, purpose and benefits;
- Experience of project and/or programme administration/management
- Significant experience in the development of appropriate project monitoring, governance and reporting approaches
- A ability to operate in a logical and structured way with attention to the details
- An ability to work effectively with service managers in all departments to achieve objectives for
- regeneration and service delivery.
- Ability and confidence to proactively challenge and analyse project details, activities and progress
- High standard of proficiency in use of IT to help administer projects (eg MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Develop project plans for delivery of defined project outcomes with agreed timescales
- Monitor progress against project plans for all projects assigned to the post holder, where required take remedial action to ensure project milestones are achieved
Rate of pay
This is a part time role 14 hours per week, any two days a week.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.