£10.50 - £11.04 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Legal Secretary/PA to join their offices based in Oxford on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of extension.
As the Legal Secretary, you will be providing administration support to a team of Solicitors in respect of Care Proceedings, Private Law Proceedings and Adoption. Some of the work that you will be faced with may be considered by some, at times, to be distressing. Ideally, you will be someone who has an emotionally resilient personality and an interest in helping to improve the lives of children. Your main duties will include:
- To support and work with all the fee earners and officers, to include: preparation of documents, preparation of court documents and associated documents, copy-typing and audio-typing and liaising with client departments, the court, private practice, solicitors and barristers.
- All secretarial and administrative duties including photocopying, filing, faxing, minute taking, use of email (including secure email), arranging meetings, taking accurate messages, deliveries to court and other legal offices, DXing, and such other administrative duties as may be required.
- To assist in the creation and upkeep of legal and other databases and support paperless working.
To be successful for this post, you will need to have:
- RSA I or equivalent
- The ability to word process accurately from dictation and hard copy.
- Good interpersonal skills and good communications skills both written and oral
- A good team player
- IT literate including the use of all Microsoft packages
Your working hours will be Monday - Friday, 9:00 - 17:00
Start date: ASAP
Pay rate: £10.50 - £11.04 p/h depending on experience (please specify required pay rate on application)
Interviews will be conducted by telephone
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases