£15.98 - £16.78 per hour
5 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Legal Assistant to join our clients offices based in Morden on a temporary contract basis for 11 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Legal Assistant, your main duties will include:
- To provide, under limited supervision, timely and effective operational legal advice and assistance to officers across both authorities as part of a team of lawyers responsible for Social Care and Education and to any other clients of the Shared Legal Service.
- To have a good and up to date knowledge and practical experience in at least one of the above areas of legal work.
- Liaising with solicitors and other legal professionals and working with outside bodies including the court service on matters relating to the work of the section.
- To manage a caseload of wide ranging work, including but not limited to, drafting legal letters, legal agreements, deeds, notices, orders, consents, by-laws and such matters in accordance with precedents, relating to the Social Care and Education team, managing competing demands and meeting deadlines and the requirements of the Shared Legal Service.
- To work proactively to maintain and improve the relationship with the clients of the Shared Legal Service.
- To provide support to the team to ensure effective service delivery
- To undertake duties on behalf of the Monitoring Officer (AD Corporate Governance) for both authorities
To be successful for this Legal Assistant you will need to have:
- Knowledge of relevant legislation for the service area
- Understanding of current issues and best practice on service delivery relevant to the service areas
- Experience of working on own initiative and of dealing with sensitive/urgent matters
- Ability to work under pressure and respond efficiently to the changing needs of the clients.
- Ability to contribute to the ongoing development of the Shared Legal Service
35 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.