£17000 - £20000 per annum
13 days ago
As one of Wales' fastest-growing modern law firms, Howells combines a fresh and forward-thinking approach with a client-focused, local feel to deliver a range of award-winning, quality services.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaged Legal Assistant who will embed themselves in the tight-knit conveyancing team in our Caerphilly office and become a key player in the department. This is a great role for someone looking to get their legal career started or for a candidate who is looking for an exciting new challenge within a supportive and thriving environment.
Ideally, you will have 1-2 years or more experience of working in a busy conveyancing team but we are open to receiving applications from candidates with less experience.
We look for candidates who embody our values of honesty and openness, as well as candidates who always strive for excellence and the highest quality of work.
As a Legal Assistant with Howells, you will also be eligible to apply for our 'internal only' training contract applications. We run a yearly selection process and offer between 2-4 contracts per intake.
Working Hours will be Monday - Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
You should apply if:
- You've worked in a busy conveyancing team or you have a strong interest in Property law
- You're interested in learning from experienced solicitors
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced and busy team
- You're super organised and able to think laterally
- You're a great communicator
- You're tenacious and willing to learn
- You're able to be adaptable and be respectful of the client's needs and priorities
- Drafting contracts
- Progressing residential conveyancing matters from instruction through to completion
- Dealing with exchanges
- Assisting with enquiries
- Providing administrative support to the fee earners in the department
- Working on a varied caseload
- Providing our clients with excellent service
- Assisting with volume conveyancing including leasehold transactions
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.