£10.14 - £10.65 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our client is seeking a Legal Administrator Officer on an initial 1 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
22.5 Hours per week
Wednesday - Friday
- The primary purpose of this post is to assist two Legal Teams, the Property Law Team and the Planning and Environmental Law Team in achieving their objectives in accordance with the Council's vision and values, policy and other objectives. In doing this to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provide high quality administrative support for the Legal Teams in order to maintain the efficient running of the Service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With the Law Manager/Principal Solicitors ensure the effective and efficient implementation of Council policies and the achievement of the Council's objectives, including financial ones.
- Contribute to co-operative working across services in accordance with the Council's Vision and Values. To contribute to cross-service initiatives as required.
- Assist in ensuring the team's services are responsive to community needs and that equal opportunity and health and safety issues are identified and addressed effectively.
- Assist in ensuring effective external and internal working relationships are established and maintained with organisations and agencies relevant to the work of the Legal Teams.
- Maintain effective and accessible communication with staff, service users, the general public and others as appropriate.
- 1. Provide for Legal Services a high quality word/data processing service including spreadsheets and mail merge etc.
- 2. Ensure that typed documents are stored appropriately and in line with the Legal Services file structure for retrieval and up-dating purposes. Ensure that a confidential, effective service that maximises output and meets council and service standards is maintained at all times.
- 3. Engender flexible, supportive team working to ensure consistency of standards, effective communication and co-ordination of word-processing and administrative practices.
- 4. Provide an efficient and effective office management service, e.g. filtering telephone calls, receiving visitors, disseminating information, maintaining the filing system, collating and distributing mail, arranging meetings/training and booking rooms/refreshments as required.
- 5. Attend meetings where requested to record meeting and produce minutes accurately and to time.
- Carry out searches of the Land Registry
- Prepare bundles of documents accurately and quickly for use in court hearings and public inquiries
- Update loose leaf legal books
- Process and file invoices from external solicitors and barristers
- 6. Handle general telephone enquiries.
- 7. Provide telephone answering support, logging issues and calls for the Legal Team and following up response to the caller where necessary.
- 8. Provide a professional service of quality at all times and assist with reviewing standards and procedures and contribute by using creativity and innovation to come up with new/better ways of providing support to ensure continuing improvement in the overall service provided.
- 9. Order and maintain supplies of office stationery, letterhead, IT consumables and provisions for the team.
- 10. Undertake dedicated and special project work as directed in order to improve on current performance levels.
- 11. Commit to participating in the Council's paper minimisation scheme, by using recycled paper, e-mailing draft documents back to originator, using used paper for note pads etc. Generally contribute to recycling office waste, papers, magazines, cans glass etc.
- 12. Undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are specified and which are commensurate with the level of the post.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous office/secretarial experience preferably with a good knowledge of legal office systems.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Windows-based office software and able to use word, excel and outlook to a high standard.
- Experience of using PC's with excellent word-processing skills to an advanced level.
- Good standard of education with a minimum of 5 GCSE's at grades A-C or equivalent, including English language.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales with little or no supervision
- This post is based in the centre of Bath but may require some travel to other locations e.g. Keynsham (with prior notice)
- The hours of work are 8.30am to 5PM Monday to Thursday and to 4.30pm on Friday.
- The nature of the work is often confidential and the post holder will be required to maintain high levels of security and confidentiality at all times.
- The post holder may also be expected to provide admin support to others in Legal Services.
For this role you will need the following:
- 2 Years written referencing (All gaps Verified).
- You a eligible to work in the UK.
- A suitable NI Number.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.