Up to £27.25 per hour + Excellent Benefits
28 days ago
up to 12 months
An exciting opportunity up to 12 months for a highly motivated Project, Procurement & Contract Lawyer has arisen with the local authorities in Leeds.
- Substantive experience of advising on the implementation and interpretation of EU Procurement.
- Regulations including advising on risk and in relation to procurement challenges.
- Sound judgment and outstanding analytical skills and experience of advising on and drafting complex and high value commercial contractual documentation.
- Experience of advising on major projects or projects with a significant impact on PPC related matters within a public sector or transport environment.
- Experience of negotiating commercial settlements in the public sector.
- Work closely with the strategic procurement function advising on the implementation and interpretation of Public Procurement Regulations, Combined Authority standing orders, tender procedure and all other relevant statutory legislation to ensure legal compliance and minimise procurement risks.
- Provide detailed advice on state aid and competition law including providing risk based advice associated with the provision or receipt of multi-million pound grant funding.
Skills and Experience:
You will have an excellent track record of providing pro-active, customer focused and authoritative legal advice and support in relation to this function including advising on large scale projects preferably within a public sector or transport environment, matters of procurement and state aid and negotiating and preparing complex contractual documentation.
Qualified Solicitor or Barrister with a current practicing certificate or full CILEX (fellowship) qualification.
Hours of work are 9am till 5.30pm, 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.