£22.29 - £23.40 per hour
5 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lawyer to join our clients offices based in Wembley on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Lawyer, your main duties will include:
- Provide specialist legal advice and assistance on all issues arising within the post holder's area of responsibility
- Personally conduct advocacy on behalf of the Council and instruct counsel as appropriate.
- Approve or amend legal aspects of reports to be submitted to members requiring decisions and attend committee and other meetings to give legal advice as necessary.
- Provide proactive legal advice and assistance to meet the needs of members and officers and assist with client liaison
- Contribute towards the running of the team and Legal Services.
- Actively contribute to developing policies and good practice.
To be successful for this Lawyer post you will need to have:
- Ability to personally handle with minimum supervision all matters within the postholders area of responsibility and to carry a heavy caseload of criminal litigation work
- Ability to assist with the development of policy
- Good presentation skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally
- Ability to give clear and proactive legal advice in a manner which supports clients in achieving their organisational objectives
- Ability to prepare cases for hearings Ability to appear as an advocate
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate evidence, solve problems and present solutions at an appropriate level
- Ability to provide advice and present arguments in a confident, articulate and persuasive manner
- Ability to prepare and advise on the preparation of reports to members and officers, to present reports to senior officers and members and to advise on clients' decision making processes.
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.