£17.52 - £18.40 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking Landscape Architect on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To assist in the provision of an effective, high quality and comprehensive Landscape Service, in accordance with City Council's objectives to maintain and enhance the quality of the City's environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To act as an advisor on landscape issues with regard to Development Control and the Growth Agenda including the analysis and responses to master plans, landscape details and other planning application information.
- To negotiate with developers and their consultants in issues related to landscape to ensure the best possible outcomes for the Council and the City.
- To have input into and comment on strategic planning documents such as the Local Plan, design codes etc. which give guidance to the future development of the City.
- To assist in providing landscape advice and input into relevant landscape planning policies.
- To ensure that all input and guidance given related to development control is in accordance with national and Council planning policy as well as best practice.
- To promote good practice in landscape issues and ensure they are appropriately represented and addressed within the Council and in particular within the Growth Agenda and Development Control.
- To design a variety of hard and soft landscape schemes with due regard to best practice as well as the design brief, public consultation, timetable, procedures, maintenance implications and costs specified by clients.
- To prepare high quality drawings, schedules and contract documentation and to place orders for works in compliance with the Council's standing orders.
- To audit and monitor the implementation of ground works, planting works and minor fencing and paving works on site on behalf of the client and to monitor, with appropriate Project Officers, construction works.
- To ensure that all projects are delivered in accordance with the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015, with particular attention given to the duties of the Client and Designer under these regulations.
- Carry out any other duties as required by your line manager from time to time in accordance with the grading of the post.
Skills and Experience:
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and pressures on self and other members of the team.
- Creative thinking and ability to generate ideas.
- High quality drawing and presentation skills both written and oral. Including:
- Experience of writing and presenting well written reports to a range of audiences.
- Proven ability to provide an input to key meetings.
- Ability to communicate with the public and key stakeholders.
- Negotiating skills to secure agreements
- Good IT skills (Computer aided design, MS Project, Powerpoint etc)
- Proven post qualification experience at an appropriate level working on the design and implementation of landscape projects.
- Working towards Chartered Landscape Architect status and Member of the Landscape Institute.
- Fully conversant with current environmental legislation, regulation and guidance, including CDM and Health and Safety.
- Experience of working within current planning legislation.
- Experience of commenting upon and dealing with planning applications.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases