South East London, London
£23.70 - £24.86 per annum
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a Job Costing Business Analyst on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To provide job costing function to financial service's team in the delivery of Traded Services Division activities.
To implement, manage, maintain and improve job costing systems and procedures for the operation of financial services and for the provision of accurate financial information related to the activities and accounts operated by the Traded Services Division. All in accordance with all applicable financial standards and policies
To work in a collegiate way with area managers across many portfolios and business units providing financial services in a consistent, efficient and effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To prepare job costing reports in accordance with business and management needs ensuring finance related data and outcomes are monitored and reported to management on a timely basis.
- Maintenance and reconciliation of local data base and SAP system data to facilitate cost information.
- To work with multiple service area managers to establish, record and report on all matters appertaining to job costing.
- Ensure adherence to all statutory and financial regulations and monitor and maintain compliance with the Council's overall regulatory framework; including finance, property and personnel issues. Making recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
- To promote and provide guidance on all financial and associated issues and to resolve queries from contractors, senior managers and departmental staff.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of public sector organisations,and trading accounts.
- Knowledge of planning, setting, control and monitoring of budgets within set allocations.
- Knowledge of job costing and job costing systems.
- Knowledge of accounts management including transaction management, reconciliation and control.
- Knowledge of finance standards, approach and constraints.
- Sound knowledge and use of a computerised accountancy systems and MS Office products relevant to the post.
- Extensive experience of accounts management including transaction management, reconciliation and control.
- Good experience of planning, setting, controlling and monitoring of budgets within an operational setting.
- Of recording, coordinating, delivering and auctioning financial transactions across multiple service areas, budget lines and accounts.
- Of operating an electronic financial management system.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, and to adjust communication style and content to meet the needs of the audience.
- Ability to formulate practical solutions to problems given the constraints of the situation.
- Ability to use Microsoft products to an intermediate / advanced level in particular, MS Excel.
- Ability to make well-reasoned decisions based on available information, within given time frames.
- Numerate, with strong analytic skills, and the ability to present information at a level appropriate to the audience.
- Ability to challenge the status quo, negotiate issues, and to exert influence over the views and opinions of others.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise workload to meet required deadlines.
- Ability to manage against a budget, and to allocate resources efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to respond to the needs of customers politely and efficiently, and to deal with issues calmly and objectively.
- Ability to use the available information technology effectively and efficiently to meet work demands with minimum supervision.
For this role you will need the following:
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- Last 2 employers names.
- 2 Written references.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.