£22.12 - £27.54 per hour
about 1 month ago
3 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Systems Administrator to join our client's offices based in Portsmouth on a temporary contract basis for months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 37 hours per week at £22.12 p/h PAYE.
As the IT Systems Administrator, your main duties will include:
- To administrate Windows 2008/12/16 Server infrastructure:- DNS, DHCP, group policy, active directory, file and print service and backup routines
- To administrate Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop (VDI), APPV, AppSense services for security, users, file and print
- Administrate and support Backup as a service (BaaS) and Disaster Recovery (DRaaS) services
- Virtualisation Infrastructure - VMWare
- Storage area Network (SAN) - Nimble Technology
- Cisco/Meraki on-premise switch and cloud solutions, Wi-Fi and physical
- Understanding of Firewall administration - WatchGuard
- Thin client - iGel and iGel UMS
- Mobile Device Management.
- Ability to administrate Microsoft O365 facilities including e-mail systems and policies
- Email Spam filtering - Mimecast
- Familiarity with ISO27001, ISO9001 and security technologies (anti-virus, web content management, e-mail filtering and system hardening)
- Cyber Security, GDPR principles
- Fundamentals of firewalls, routers, switches, VPNs and a thorough understanding of TCPIP
Desktop Service and Support
- Windows versions 7 and 10+
- Office 365 E3 package suite of programs
- Bespoke systems:
- Access Control System
- Time and Attendance
- Microsoft Dynamics Navision
- VoIP Telephone System
- CCTV System
- Document Management system
- Various ad-hoc in-house Database Systems
- Manage, administrate and update SharePoint 2007 & O365
- Develop, deliver and manage IT projects within agreed time scales and budget as agreed by the SM
Administration of the following systems and resources
- Delegation of tasks to / supervision of, third party contractors
- Active awareness of IT-related industry developments and submit advice/recommendations to the SM
- Attend departmental meetings and working parties in a project management role or as otherwise directed by the SM
- Required to be proficient in all skills and competencies needed to carry out the duties of the post - eg. network technologies, IT security, e-mail administration, server infrastructure etc
- Provide proactive liaison with all users as required.
- Required to comply with all policies, procedures and quality standards.
- Undertake any other tasks that may be required by the IT Systems Manager.
To be successful for this IT Systems Administrator post you will need to have:
- Microsoft: MCP, MCSA. MCSE)
- Citrix: CCA-V, CCP-V, CCE-V
- Cisco: CCT, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE
- VMware: VCA, VCP, VCAP, VCDX
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.