£16.86 - £17.70 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a IT Engineer on an initial 1 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
35 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Provide technical expertise to install, configure, upgrade, administer, monitoring and maintain corporate desk top, server infrastructure, networks and voice operational systems and services within the Council.
Work on a number of different large and diverse projects and incidents at the same time and work in a position of constant change and manage conflicting priorities and moving deadlines.
To support by assisting with the monitoring, maintenance and installation of systems to agreed standards of quality and customer satisfaction.
Ensures all incidents are responded to and resolved within the agreed service levels.
Duties and Responsibilties:
Provide high quality highly technical support and advice to a diverse range of businesses prior to and during the implementation of new information and communications technology solutions, dealing tactfully with key stakeholders where requirements are not in alignment with agreed strategic objectives to ensure a positive outcome.
Maintains application support processes, and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures.
Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports.
Identifies operational problems and contributes to their resolution, checking that they are managed in accordance with agreed standards and procedures.
Investigates problems with systems and services. Undertakes the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
Ensures that incidents and requests are handled according to agreed procedures.
Corrects malfunctions, calling on other experienced colleagues and specialist external resources if required.
Evaluate and make decisions on technical options in order to resolve complex technical (IT system) issues and challenges in relation to the council's major IT infrastructure, actively contributing to the authority's technical strategies.
Problem solve technical (IT/Systems) issues, establish root cause analysis and identify and implement innovative improvements and solutions for the Council's information systems that positively impact on user and customer experience and bridge the complex and diverse needs of the business with the use of IT.
Deal with complex, escalated problems in a timely manner, making decision on best resolutions drawing on industry standards and best practice in the related technical disciplines
Analyses service and component availability, reliability, maintainability and serviceability. Ensures that services and components meet and continue to meet all of their agreed performance targets and service levels.
Skills and Experience:
- Has good knowledge of all aspects of PABX, VOIP, Window (MCP) and Unix Servers and desktop devices including Citrix
- Can demonstrate meeting targets and a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Has practical knowledge of configuration management of systems, including the monitoring of strengths and weaknesses.
- Possesses strong inter-personal skills, especially in handling contacts of all types and at all levels.
- Is able to obtain information from business people in face to face situations, and to analyse information on users' occupational tasks obtained by a variety of formal and informal means.
- Is effective and persuasive in both written and verbal communication at all levels and is able to ensure that advice regarding the technical specialism is acted upon.
- Excellent organiser of time and tasks.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases