West End, London
£361.44 - £379.51 per day
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a IT Business Solutions Lead on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
As IT Business Solutions Lead, this role manages and leads a team of Applications Development, Support, Business Analysis, and Supplier Management staff, working in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving business value through helping the business deliver & improve on technology solutions
- Partnering with the business to help optimise business performance using technology.
- Understanding business and user needs and creating product development road maps based on those.
- Ensuring the technology solutions for the Council Service area to align with wider IT standards, policies and strategy
- Day-to-day operational responsibility for IT applications, suppliers, and budgets.
- Providing strong, authentic, and engaging leadership. Resolving conflict and disagreement. Leading workshops.
- Removing impediments that hold your team back. Helping the team make decisions. Promoting continuous improvement, clarity and empowerment.
- Performing as a valued member of the wider IT organisation, as a line-of-business expert and significant contributor to the success of the wider IT agenda.
- Championing quality, with technical standards, service management, agile quality management approaches.
- Creating transparency, clearly communicating and measuring schedule and progress. Monitoring resources and risks. Proactively planning, with corrective action.
- Creation and management of product delivery backlogs.
- Managing & collaborating with 3rd parties to ensure effective delivery, service level agreements being met, and implementing appropriate contract structures.
- Building community, through improving IT's agile capability. Fostering Agile knowledge, the supporting community and tools across the organisation.
Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with IT systems management practices (e.g. ITIL, SDLC, etc.).
- Good understanding of network architecture, modern infrastructure capabilities, and security principles.
- Experience managing 3rd party vendors and service providers to meet timelines and deliverable quality.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases