£300 - £315 per day
11 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Business Analyst to join our clients offices based in Shefford on a temporary contract basis for 6 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the IT Business Analyst, your main duties will include:
- After a formal request for service from the business, lead on the identification of requirement specifications and their translation into technical and project commissioning specifications, ensuring a focus on high quality and timely deliverables that maximise the opportunity for innovation whilst adhering to defined strategies and architectures.
- Provide input, support and challenge to the production of business cases and other documentation for proposed new uses of technology and information; identifying the business impact of the preferred and alternative options, the probability of satisfying business needs, the anticipated functional benefits and the risks and issues.
- Facilitate and lead workshops and/or one to one discussions and on the job monitoring to understand, evaluate and map/document existing ('as is') business processes and systems, from simple application processes to highly complex cross functional and directorate processes. Demonstrate ability to draw out relevant information on roles and processes from business and IT stakeholders.
- Supports the business to ensure requirements are; gathered, understood and appropriately documented, assist in planning and estimation of work activities.
- Facilitate and lead workshops and/or one to one discussions to determine the most appropriate changes to processes and systems to create new; value for money, effective and efficient ('to be') ways of working, including the specification of integration interfaces with other Council systems.
- Develop and maintain robust relationships with the IT team to ensure effective collaboration and full engagement on all technical matters.
To be successful for this IT Business Analyst post you will need to have:
- Professional qualification (certification) in Business Analysis (e.g. ISEB or similar professional body)
- Professional qualification (certification) in Systems Analysis (e.g. ISEB or similar professional body) Or equivalent knowledge gained through demonstration within similar role / environment.
- ITILv3 Foundation certification
- Experience of working at a similar level in local government or a large organisation in a similar role.
Experience of requirement analysis and specification to support the commissioning of new IT enabled projects, including business case development.
- Experience of building and maintaining relationships with members, officers, trade unions, partners and other key stakeholders
- Business analysis - must have demonstrable experience of it system interdependies
- Experience of reviewing and developing effective business processes
- Current knowledge of technical infrastructure (On premises and cloud), including an understanding of information security and governance requirements
- It systems application integration/Customisation
- Ability to understand systems architecture and identify opportunities to deliver improvements through new systems deployment
- Experience of it technical procurement specifications
Driving Licence Required
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.