£240.96 - £253.00 per day
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a IT Analyst on an initial 6 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
35 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- Specify, develop, configure, design, implement and provide (IT/Systems) technical support for business systems according to industry best practice and in line with the organisation's standards and processes.
- Work within a team to provide (IT/Systems) technical solutions in a project environment within time and resource constraints and to high standards.
- Design and code complex programs/procedures and program/procedure modifications from supplied specifications, using agreed standards and tools and provide knowledgeable advice in aspects of the programming methods, tools and standards used.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce logical IT system designs, drawing on own technical experience and knowledge, market and industry awareness.
- Apply data analysis and data modelling techniques to propose innovative solutions to complex IT system problems.
- Working without supervision, establish, modify or maintain technical data structures and their associated components.
- Be responsible for the recording and storing of system and business data, ensuring that a structured approach is adopted and adhered to.
- Construct IT test plans and execute IT program and system tests, review test results, and modify and repeat tests as necessary.
- Plan and prioritise - without supervision - system support and service requests to ensure a prompt response/resolution for users/customers and the availability of critical business IT systems to the organisation, working outside of core hours where necessary.
- Implement completed programs and procedures in accordance with change control processes, working within the agreed scheme of delegation to analyse options and select complex and innovative solutions in areas where these cannot be guided by previous practice and precedent.
- Independently and routinely document validation and error correction procedures, processing rules, access, security and audit controls, recovery routines and contingency procedures, so that these can be used by less experienced staff and in accordance with agreed standards.
- Define and document small-scale projects and execute under supervision.
- Respond to changes in business demand, the operating environment and strategic and operational priorities to ensure IT system maintenance and support is delivered in a structured and ordered way.
- Manage own time effectively, prioritising tasks to meet changing deadlines as required, identifying bottlenecks and highlighting the need for additional support in a timely manner.
- Proactively maintain and update project plans, providing regular and accurate reports to colleagues and managers.
- Will be required to work out of core hours as necessary.
Skills and Experience:
- Solid experience of working in the IT systems field within a large, complex organisation or directly supporting a complex business/service system, including systems development activities
- Strong practical technical experience incorporating IT servers, networking, IT security, software development, database design and service desk support, requirements gathering, preparing specifications (functional and non-functional), technical documentation and system diagrams.
- Working both independently, without direct supervision, and as an active and integral part of a project team on complex IT projects and initiatives.
- Designing and implementing innovative solutions to complex technical problems without the benefit of precedent or established practice as guidance.
- Evaluating, selecting, designing and implementing medium scale IT systems to meet complex business needs.
- Data analysis and data modelling.
- Designing, establishing, modifying, maintaining complex data structures.
- Planning and carrying out IT testing and effectively evaluating the results.
- Constructing and using databases and working with complex database designs and programs
- Developing complex system specifications.
- Service delivery in an IT environment, including customer liaison and successfully interpreting complex business need and translating these into effective IT solutions.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases