£13.47 - £16.77 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
about 1 month ago
A 3 months+ opportunity for an Into Housing Officer has arisen with the local authorities in Nuneaton & Bedworth.
- To ensure that all aspects of the Council's Introductory Tenancies are monitored closely to ensure that tenancies are being maintained and tenants are signposted for support as necessary
- To provide an effective and efficient housing management service incorporating all matters of tenancy management, lettings and enforcement in respect of Introductory Tenancies.
- To maximise income through the efficient recovery of rental income relating to Introductory Tenancies
- To maintain and to promote good customer service and relationships.
- By being a technology equipped mobile worker, the post holder is expected to identify and resolve customer issues and provide advice, information and reports to assist colleagues within the Housing & communities Directorate on housing matters.
Main Activities (Corporate)
- Be committed to the Council's Vision and carry out work within the spirit and intention of its core values.
- To make use of the technology available to improve communication within the team and the Council as a whole.
- To contribute to the delivery of service standards, quality and performance targets for the Finance & Procurement Unit in accordance with the Council's Statement of Purpose and Principles.
- To carry out all work within the spirit and intent of relevant legislation and Council policies and procedures, with a customer care focus.
Main Activities (Service Related)
- To reduce Introductory tenancy rent arrears by implementing and monitoring existing initiatives which may on occasion include taking and banking cash payments from tenants
- Undertake a range of tenancy management duties including: Sign up's, property inspections for tenants giving notice, carrying out mandatory tenancy visits to Introductory tenants, investigations for tenancy amendments and manging the conversion of Introductory tenancies to Secure tenancies.
- Carry out investigations for abandoned properties and to liaise closely with other teams within the Council for evidence purposes
- Represent the Council in Court in respect of anti-social behaviour, rent possession cases and other proceedings in respect of Introductory tenancies
- Ensure that mandatory Introductory tenancy visits are completed within target in order to achieve customer satisfaction targets and deal with tenancy breaches efficiently.
Experience and Skills
- Recent and relevant experience of housing management duties including allocations.
- Experience of working in Local Taxation or Debt Collection environment.
- Must have experience of accepting responsibility for decisions taken, and to work on own initiative within guidelines.
- A basic understanding of housing legislation and law.
- Be able to operate a computerised Housing Management system
- Have an understanding of the issues of housing, estate management, health and safety and how these impact on the wellbeing of customers and the responsibilities of landlords
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to understand, interpret and make decisions in matters of Housing Policy.
- Knowledge of issues affecting tenancy and leasehold management, rights and responsibilities and the enforcement of tenancy and leasehold conditions
Hours of work are 9am till 5pm, Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.