£13.11 - £13.76 per hour
6 months ago
Our client is seeking a Intro Housing Officer on an initial 6 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To ensure that all aspects of the Council's Introductory Tenancies are monitored closely to ensure that tenancies are being maintained and tenants are signposted for support as necessary
2. To provide an effective and efficient housing management service incorporating all matters of tenancy management, lettings and enforcement in respect of Introductory Tenancies.
3. To maximise income through the efficient recovery of rental income relating to Introductory Tenancies 4. To maintain and to promote good customer service and relationships.
5. By being a technology equipped mobile worker, the post holder is expected to identify and resolve customer issues and provide advice, information and reports to assist colleagues within the Housing & communities Directorate on housing matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To reduce Introductory tenancy rent arrears by implementing and monitoring existing initiatives which may on occasion include taking and banking cash payments from tenants
2. Undertake a range of tenancy management duties including: Sign up's, property inspections for tenants giving notice, carrying out mandatory tenancy visits to Introductory tenants, investigations for tenancy amendments and manging the conversion of Introductory tenancies to Secure tenancies.
3. Carry out investigations for abandoned properties and to liaise closely with other teams within the Council for evidence purposes
4. Manage reported anti-social behaviour cases in respect of Introductory tenants and build effective partnerships with other bodies and agencies
5. Represent the Council in Court in respect of anti-social behaviour, rent possession cases and other Page 1 of 5 proceedings in respect of Introductory tenancies
6. Provide early intervention, to maximise income, and gives appropriate advice and information, including benefit advice and assistance either directly or by referral to other support and advice agencies to sustain tenancies.
7. Assist to raise tenants' awareness of money management and welfare benefits entitlement
8. Ensure that mandatory Introductory tenancy visits are completed within target in order to achieve customer satisfaction targets and deal with tenancy breaches efficiently.
9. Resolve customer enquiries and complaints about anti-social behaviour/nuisance or other breaches in tenancy conditions.
10. Arrange review hearing panels that are submitted by customers and ensure that such requests are appropriately prioritised
11. To assist with the appropriate action, in accordance with the Council's policies and procedures, where tenants owe rent, including attendance at evictions.
12. To work closely with tenants to enable them to fulfil their tenancy conditions, contributing to increased sustainability of tenancies.
13. Where appropriate, liaise with the Enforcement Team to resolve tenants' financial housing issues and associated housing debt.
14. Ensure tenancy data remains up to date and is used to tailor service to the needs of our customers.
15. To attend meetings outside of normal office hours as necessary 16s. To undertake any other duties of a similar nature and level of responsibility as may be assigned from time to time.
Skills and Experience:
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to understand, interpret and make decisions in matters of Housing Policy.
- Have an understanding of the issues of housing, estate management, health and safety and how these impact on the wellbeing of customers and the responsibilities of landlords.
- Knowledge of issues affecting tenancy and leasehold management, rights and responsibilities and the enforcement of tenancy and leasehold conditions
- Must have good all round interpersonal skills and ability to deal with people at all levels establishing and meeting need with tact and diplomacy.
- Recent and relevant experience of housing management duties including allocations.
- Experience of dealing with customers in one to one situations.
- Experience of working in Local Taxation or Debt Collection environment.
- Must have experience of accepting responsibility for decisions taken, and to work on own initiative within guidelines.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases