Leeds, West Yorkshire
£12.56 - £13.56 per hour
about 1 month ago
2 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for an Internal Auditor to join our client's offices based in Leeds on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 37 hours per week at £12.56 p/h PAYE.
As the Internal Auditor, your main duties will include:
- To deliver a full internal audit service covering all the Combined Authority's functions and activities in accordance with the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards (PSIAS).
- Undertaking individual audit assignments whilst evaluating the effectiveness of internal control, risk management and corporate governance.
- Responsible for the formulation of risk-based audit testing programmes and testing strategies, reviewing and assessing systems and procedures in terms of risk, reviewing compliance, ensuring the organisation is adhering to legal requirements, business rules, codes of practice, business ethics, internal guidelines and principles and research best practice.
- Apply data analysis software to interrogate systems and interpret the results of these activities.
- Complete audit and advisory reviews, evaluating the effectiveness of controls and recording results on testing schedules and templates (electronic audit working papers), managing a variety of stakeholders and their expectations.
- Prepare internal audit reports including audit recommendations, providing advice and guidance to managers and staff, delivering presentations and training as and when required.
- Undertake follow-up work and report on the implementation status of audit recommendations.
- Develop and continually update a detailed understanding of the Combined Authority's core functions and evaluate the impact of any new or changing legislation.
- Perform fraud investigations as and when required, in line with professional internal audit standards and guidance.
- Perform value for money and efficiency reviews, identifying ways in which the organisation can deliver better value for money and service.
- Undertake advisory/consultancy assignments as required
- Pro-actively monitor and evaluate risks and internal controls against changing business objectives. Research and assessing how well risk management processes are working.
To be successful for this Internal Auditor post you will need to have:
- Educated to GCSE/ A level/ degree or equivalent relevant education/ experience.
- Practical experience of successfully performing in a similar role.
- CIA or AAT qualified.
- Experience of auditing computerised systems and understanding the principles of financial accounting, ICT risks, control and security.
- Demonstrable understanding of the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors Code of ethics and integrity.
- Ability to identify the risk of fraud occurring and countermeasures to detect, prevent and identify.
- Demonstrable understanding of the principles of performing efficiency reviews and conducting fraud investigations.
- In-depth understanding and experience of the principles of internal control, Corporate Governance & Risk Management.
- Understanding of legislation which impacts on West Yorkshire Combined Authority's operations
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.