£30 - £37.35 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
about 1 month ago
A 5 Month+ opportunity has arisen for an Interim Operations Manager within the local authorities in Cambridge.
To develop, lead and manage Cambridge City Council's Housing Repairs Service including work to bring empty properties back into use. To ensure the service works in synergy with corporate objectives to provide a high quality, effective service which is responsive to customer needs and aspirations and delivered in accordance with the Council's policies and objectives, within available resources
You will be responsible for ensuring effective financial control and performance management of the Operations Team and direct the in-house Direct Labour Organisation. You will act as Contract Manager for the suite of contracted services supporting the objectives of the Repairs Service.
Constantly review service delivery and implement improvements, including the introduction and use of new technologies, that prioritise customer requirements and that demonstrate that service provides value for money.
Main Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead maintenance operations and service delivery so as to ensure works are delivered to time cost and quality requirements also ensuring that properties meet the current and future needs of occupiers. Providing direction and vision for the service, managing and motivating staff.
- Manage the allocated housing repairs and voids budget and take action as required to contain expenditure within budget (and achieve income targets, where applicable) and comply with the Council's Constitution in respect of financial transactions, procurement, transparency and probity.
- To monitor and manage service and individual performance through appropriate development and improvement plans and measure performance standards to meet financial budgets. Define service performance targets, monitor and manage
- Ensure that the service remains a customer focused organisation, providing periodic testing of service assumptions with customer groups, peer group organisations or other appropriate mechanisms.
- To develop and maintain integrated service, planning, scheduling and management information systems that build the capability and capacity of the service to monitor and maintain accurate and comprehensive information thereby allowing informed decision making and the provision of efficient and effective maintenance operations. Ensure that the integrity of information is maintained for audit and performance management purposes
Experience and knowledge
- Substantial senior level experience in managing and understanding large scale and complex construction and maintenance works in either the public or private sector.
- Substantial staff management experience where there have been conflicting and competing needs between different teams demonstrating successful outcomes
- Experience of successfully controlling complex and major budgets
- Practical experience of developing and instituting strategies to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- Thorough knowledge of organisational and management practice.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of the statutory operating environment for undertaking building and maintenance works.
- Advanced knowledge of construction and maintenance technology and practice including sustainable construction techniques.
Rate of pay
PAYE: £30 per hour
Umbrella: £37.35 per hour
Hours of work are 09:00-5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.