City of London, London
£320 - £336 per day
6 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Interim Manager Level 2 to join our clients offices based in City of London on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Interim Manager Level 2, your main duties will include:
- To work with other commissioners to ensure the commissioning framework for Children's and Adults' services is consistently and rigorously applied to the department's commissioning activities.
- Under the guidance of a Commissioning Manager, to manage projects relating to the development, improvement and specification of services, working closely with service managers and liaising as required with finance, legal and procurement officers to ensure compliance with the Council's contract and finance standing orders and its interface with partners' commissioning and procurement requirements.
- To build and maintain key strategic links, partnerships and positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders involved commissioning, providing and using services on behalf of the Council and the department.
- To conduct commissioning reviews, working closely with providers, service managers and other key stakeholders to plan and deliver effective change management programmes. Integral to this is to engage and involve service users and carers.
- To undertake, service and provider mapping exercises and contribute to the development of the market position statement. Take responsibility for key workstreams or projects as required
To be successful for this Interim Manager Level 2 post you will need to have:
- Degree or recent and relevant experience at an equivalent level.
- Relevant professional qualification in Commissioning and/or Procurement, or recent relevant experience and a willingness to gain an accredited qualification.
- Knowledge of current relevant legislation, statutory duties, responsibilities, and best practice in commissioning adult social care and children's services.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Council and Department's objectives and goals to improve health and well-being for the local community, including more vulnerable children and adults, and families.
- Understanding of the principles and best practice in the commissioning and monitoring of services for children, adults and families.
- Successful experience of working across organisational boundaries to deliver change and improved outcomes for children, adults and families.
- Proven experience of successful commissioning to improve outcomes for children, adults or families.
- Experience of effectively managing large work programmes that have involved managing change and introducing and developing new strategies and shaping and developing provider markets.
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.