City of London, London
£320 - £336 per day
19 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Interim Manager Level 2 to join our clients offices based in City of London on a temporary contract basis for 4 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Interim Manager Level 2, your main duties will include:
- To contribute to the development, co-ordination and implementation of the Council's strategic plan of customer focused and value for money, mixed tenure and mixed use new build housing and regeneration developments and associated enhancements and improvements to the local area.
- Manage and direct the delivery of new build and regeneration programmes and projects and provide high-level professional, managerial direction and leadership input to make significant impacts within the borough. To be responsible for driving the direction and performance of a programme of new build and regeneration projects, both directly and in partnership with private developers including quality, budget and financial control to ensure significant benefits of the programme are achieved. Be responsible for checking the appropriate procedures and ensure consequential control measures are in place and are undertaken in a multi disciplinary project team using KPI data.
- Draw up and maintain project plans for complex regeneration projects requiring the co-ordination of different service areas that may have significant impact on areas of the council's operation and other related external services, while gaining the support of all participants through persuasion and negotiation.
- Meet with business managers and stakeholders; attend management and relevant stakeholder meetings, briefings, workshop, driving forward change within the organisation, as part of a planned approach to communicating the new homes and regeneration programme process and securing support for the projects' objectives and high performance delivery.
To be successful for this Interim Manager Level 2 post you will need to have:
- Evidence of knowledge and expertise of the housing delivery process, including relationship between affordable and market housing.
- Knowledge of current housing legislation and the impact on new housing and regeneration programmes.
- Knowledge of performance management systems and their implementation.
- Knowledge of housing finance and budgetary control.
- 5 Knowledge of contract procurement and contract management.
- 6, An understanding of the social and economic issues affecting local government and methods for consulting on and understanding the demands of residents.
- Detailed understanding of the development process, procedures and standards for new build housing and regeneration.
- Either a degree or relevant professional qualification in project management (or similar equivalent) or an ability to show that appropriate experience and knowledge has been achieved to undertake the range of duties.
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.