South East London, London
£281.13 - £295.19 per hour
5 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Interim Manager Level 1 to join our clients offices based in South East London on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Interim Manager Level 1, your main duties will include:
- To provide and manage divisional expertise for management accounting and finance intelligence to enable the Traded Services division to be commercially astute and efficiently manage its internal and external income generation and associated expenditure.
- To deliver, embed, monitor and champion cyclical and timely strategic and operational budget plans to support success in delivering a commercially viable long term future and financial contribution to the Council.
- To provide and manage a sound, robust and timely finance service across the Traded Services division to ensure reporting, governance and compliance of financial management.
- To direct and manage finance staff to ensure that services meet operational and functional requirements demanded by the divisional portfolio described.
- Develop and continuously improve service areas as a centre of best practice by proactively managing the finance team's portfolio to meet the objectives of the division and the Council. Develop policies for the service, creating underlying procedures and monitoring their outputs to ensure financial confidence.
Establishment, monitoring and control of divisional, corporate or departmental budgets.
- Responsible for all facets of the financial services required by the Traded Services Division including but not limited to; budget setting and management, payment functions, management of cost controls, debtor management, payroll function including incentive scheme,
To be successful for this Interim Manager Level 1 post you will need to have:
- The post holder should be qualified to degree level in a relevant finance discipline or equivalent. This may include consideration of relevant work experience.
- Qualified ACCA / ACA / CIPFA / CIMA or AAT (or equivalent)
- Demonstrate evidence of continued professional and personal development within relevant disciplines
- Strong evidence of collating, analysing and presenting timely financial information to a senior management audience
- Strong evidence of developing and implementing finance strategies, systems, policy and procedures incorporating a risk management approach.
- Evidence of staff and team management including objective setting, performance and output management.
- Experience of writing financial reports
- Extensive knowledge of planning, setting, control and monitoring of budgets within set allocations.
- Knowledge of public sector finance standards, approach and constraints
- Sound knowledge and use of computerised accountancy systems in particular Microsoft office products relevant to the post.
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.