West End, London
£29.73 - £31.21 per hour
4 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Interim Contingency Planning Manager to join our clients offices based in West End on a temporary contract basis for 6 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Interim Contingency Planning Manager, your main duties will include:
- Act as the lead practitioner for contingency planning and organisational resilience, putting in place an annual work plan for the Contingency Planning Team linked to the Resilience Standards for London and risk assessments. This will include the roles of individuals within the Contingency Planning Team and across all council departments and services.
- Provide and maintain the Council's emergency response arrangements, plans, procedures, and call-out rotas of senior emergency response managers and Department Single Points of Contact, ensuring that these arrangements, plans and procedures are compliant with the Resilience Standards for London, the London Local Authorities' Concept of Operations for Emergency Response and Recovery, and other guidance promulgated for use by local authorities.
- Oversee the corporate Business Continuity programme, the use by all departments and services of the corporately-provided business continuity software and ensure that service business continuity plans are made, maintained, and are a fit with the corporate business continuity strategy.
- Identify and develop relationships with individuals, community organisations, residents' associations, business forums and networks, voluntary organisations, faith groups and elected members to support community resilience and to promote advice to residents about what to do in an emergency.
- Share information with and represent the authority at local, sub-regional, regional and national resilience groups, including the Kensington and Chelsea Borough Resilience Forum, the Central London Sub-Regional Forum, regional working groups developing regional frameworks, and in meetings with multi-agency resilience partners and responders.
- Lead the authority's resilience work with other local responders, including participation in the development of a borough risk register, multi-agency workshops and exercises, and in the production and maintenance of local multi-agency emergency response protocols where appropriate.
- Participate in the work of the Council's Contest Board and local counter-terrorism work.
To be successful for this Interim Contingency Planning Manager post you will need to have:
- Evidence of continuing professional development in emergency planning and resilience, including business continuity planning and management
- Demonstrable experience of managing both staff and projects in complex political environments.
- In depth knowledge of the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 and its associated Regulations, Statutory and Non-Statutory Guidance.Knowledge of the emergency planning cycle and programme management process.
- Knowledge of public sector procedures and working practices, and ideally experience in local government.
- Knowledge of major emergency and business continuity planning, including the roles of key first responders and supporting agencies and organisations.
- Experience in emergency responses at a tactical and strategic level
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.