£234.53 - £246.26 per day
6 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Interim Building Surveyor to join our clients offices based in Oxford on a temporary contract basis for 6 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Interim Building Surveyor, your main duties will include:
- To manage own workload
- To prepare and deliver a variety of schemes to the required budget and programme and to pre-determined standards
- Prepare design drawings, full specification and contract documentation (JCT and NEC suite of contracts) for procurement of contractors on a variety of property types
- Deal with planning and building regulation applications and advise on property legislation
- Assess and design building schemes to meet the needs of people with disabilities
- Ensure compliance with all Quality, Building Regulations, Health & Safety and Environmental regulations and considerations
- Instruct on construction design and management regulations
- Negotiate dilapidations (when there is a legal liability for a property's state of disrepair)
To be successful for this Interim Building Surveyor post you will need to have:
- Minimum qualification of BTEC HNC in Building Studies.
- Progressively working towards or have achieved professional qualifications of either the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) or Chartered Institute of Building (MCIOB).
- At least 5 years post qualification experience.
- Able to demonstrate experience of the construction industry, building contracts and building related legislation to include all aspects of health and safety and CDM regulations.
- Proficient in producing drawings via AutoCAD.
- Experience of preparing specifications and contract documents, using the JCT or NEC contract suite of contracts. Good understanding of basic law and legal contracts / agreements.
- Be proficient in MS Office skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, Project etc).
- The employee will need to have good relationship management and communication skills. They will have the ability to work in a busy environment as a member of a team. They will need to be flexible and be willing to develop new skills beyond the core functions and have the ability to meet deadlines. Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks or projects to deadline and / or budget.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills Comfortable in client-facing situations, able to influence and convince
- The employee must be mature minded, self-motivated and able to motivate others. The individual must be able to hold their own in discussions with either contractors and senior clients or employer personnel.
- Hold a current driving licence
- The successful candidate will be required to obtain an up to date CSCS card and have passed an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.