Up to £19.11 per hour + PAYE
11 months ago
3 Months +
I am currently looking for an Insurance Manager based within Cambridge City Council. Initially, this is a full time 37HRS PW 3-month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Your main duties:
- To continually review the adequacy of insurance cover both through externally placed cover and by self-insurance.
- To manage the tender and renewal process with insurers and brokers and the arrangement of suitable and sufficient insurance cover for the Council's assets and services, to include liaising with senior officers to ensure that all necessary information is submitted to insurers.
- Liaise with the Council's insurers and solicitors towards the satisfactory resolution of claims, assisting with the assessment of liability and approval of claims to settle on 'best terms'.
- Process insurance policies, claims and insurance-related correspondence arising from the Council's business in accordance with agreed timescales ensuing losses are minimized and recoveries maximized.
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified in or studying towards the Diploma in Chartered Insurance Institute (CII).
- Excellent understanding of general insurance principles.
- Experience of effectively managing a team
- Experience of handling complex insurance claims
- Developed use of excel for calculations, data management, and complex reporting.
- Experience of dealing with senior managers, external partners, and the public.
- Experience of identifying best practice elsewhere.
Your pay rate will be £19.11 Per hour.
Working times will be Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00.
If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact me.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.