£12.35 - £12.97 per hour
6 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Insurance Claims Assistant to join our clients offices based in Crewe on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Insurance Claims Assistant, your main duties will include:
- Provide advice and guidance to services relating to the Council's insurance arrangements liaising with brokers, insurers and service managers on a regular basis to ensure clarity cover and risk management responsibilities.
- Advise and liaise with internal and external clients to ensure that detailed budgets, financial and insurance records are prepared and maintained in order to meet the Council's Financial Procedure Rules and current policies and guidelines.
- Undertake the administration of insurance claims to ensure they are effectively and efficiently processed, meeting both statutory and Authorities procedures and standards.
- Undertake the reconciliations and monitor the accounts with claims handlers to ensure accuracy of the transactions and effective cash flow arrangements are followed.
- Administration of the insurance claims database to ensure the system is appropriately maintained and configured, and that users are adequately trained in data entry and extraction to provide effective information to service managers, insurers, brokers and claims handlers.
- Collate, analyse and present information from the insurance claims database, identify trends and monitor progress against plans to inform strategic decision making
To be successful for this Insurance Claims Assistant post you will need to have:
- NVQ Level 4, or equivalent qualification/experience, in a relevant field
- Experience of working in insurance/risk management, including claims handling
- Financial accountancy - including preparation, maintenance and monitoring of budgets and accounts relating to insurance funds
- Knowledge of a range of financial systems and processes, including databases, spreadsheets and budget management
- Able to analyse and present financial data, statistics and trends in a meaningful way to a range of audiences, including non-specialists
- Knowledge of wider public sector developments (e.g. alternative service delivery vehicles, etc.)
- Good verbal and written communication skills - able to clearly and concisely convey insurance and risk management advice to CEC staff and external organisations/individuals
- Able to use systems, software and equipment to maximize its potential contribution to financial and administrative processes
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.