£200.80 - £210.84 per day
about 1 month ago
Our client is seeking a Infrastructure Engineer on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
£200.80 per day
You will deliver, as part of a team, the support, maintenance and ongoing operability of the IT systems, server & Security infrastructure for PCC and other organisations utilising PCC's IT infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure PCC IT systems/solutions are designed, implemented and maintained in accordance with the required security policies, procedures & standards - including:
- Configuration of IT systems, servers and IT infrastructure.
- Maintenance, support and review technical systems.
- Development, installation and test technical systems.
- Implement/maintain IT solutions to industry standards and best practice.
- Work with Information Governance Resources within PCC to define & implement appropriate information/data governance solutions - for example, PCC's response to GDPR legislation.
- Provide operational support for key IT processes & specific IT Security infrastructure:
- Maintain assurance of system and data backups.
- Resolve incidents and requests according to SLAs.
- Investigate problems and identify and implement solutions to prevent future failure
- Maintain operational integrity and efficiency.
- Ensure the performance and availability of IT System and Server infrastructure meets the needs of the business.
- Undertake capacity planning.
- Implement changes in line with the information service change management process.
- Responding to specific security driven events - i.e. DDOS attacks or point solutions required to address a specific threat vector.
- Support specific security activities:
- Prepare and maintain operational documentation - relating to security policies, procedures and infrastructure.
- Advise on the secure, correct and effective use of systems, software & infrastructure.
- Support Security audit & Compliance activities.
Skills and Experience:
- Configuring and optimising use of Hardware and Software.
- Microsoft technology stack (specifically the security elements).
- Trend security suite.
- Mobile Device Management.
- Technical authoring.
- Customer Service.
- Documenting technical environments.
- Broad working knowledge of IT systems and server infrastructure across PCC.
- Operational knowledge of core infrastructure systems such as vitalisation, backup, Active Directory, Storage Area Networks, Windows Server and Server Hardware.
- Passionate about technology
- Have a natural affinity to documenting solutions, process and procedures
- Naturally interested in technical solutions
- An innovative and creative individual, who is able to bring fresh new ideas to set us apart from others
- A tenacious and ambitious person with excellent negotiation skills to be able to bring all parties/stakeholders on board.
- An excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills to develop relationships with people at all levels.
- Consistent, supportive, proactive and flexible in the way you deliver
- Positive, and energetic and take pride in your and our success.
- Responsible and accountable for delivery of your personal tasks and outcomes
- A major contributor, committed to team success.
- Committed to delivering exceptional customer service
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases