£18 - £22 per hour
13 days ago
- Manage, develop, and maintain Information Security Management Systems for the Council, including:
- Develop, and maintain Information Security policies, standards, and procedures
- Review Information Security policies and procedures for effectiveness
- Coordinate the Security Group Meetings and provide reports to Corporate Board
- Act as internal information security consultant to the Council and staff
- Act as a focal point for recording security incidents and managing investigations, including risk assessment and mitigation, in accordance with the security incident standard
- Develop and implement mitigation strategies for information security risks
- Maintain knowledge of the Data Protection Act, and liaise internally with the Data Protection Officer, Caldicott Guardian and other information stakeholders
- Develop and deliver Information Security Training to staff and maintain organisational awareness of information security
- Provide key statistics in relation to security incidents, training, and effectiveness of security controls
- Manage, develop and maintain Information Security Management Systems within ICT, including:
- Commissioning of external IT Health Check(s) / Penetration Testing
- Management of any remediation / security improvement work required for ongoing compliance with PSN Code of Connection
- Advise on information security aspects of all new ICT system implementations and change requests
- Management of GCSX/PSN Accounts and use of secure email connections to central government and public sector partners
- Ensure ICT Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity processes are aligned to Council priorities
- Project management / coordination of information security related activities
- Maintain awareness of cyber-security threats and risks
- Monitoring and development of the Council's cyber-security systems and controls in line with perceived risks
- Manage capital budget(s) associated with information security projects
- Assist with operation and management of ICT information security systems
- Promote equality as an integral part of the role, treating everyone with fairness and dignity.
- Comply with WBC health and safety policies, procedures and rules, taking reasonable care of self and others.
- Adhere to the standards set out in the WBC competency framework.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.