£11.84 - £12.43 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Information Assistant on an initial 10 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
35 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- To provide comprehensive information, advice and guidance to enquiries from parents, prospective parents, young people, childcare providers and professionals about services for children and young people ensuring high levels of customer service.
- To be responsible for the efficient day-to-day administration and quality of data stored within the Early Years Service e.g. Family Services Directory, training programme, ensuring accuracy and quality of the data.
- To support the maintenance and development of the Early Years, Childcare and Children's Centre Service information published on websites, and service delivering locations.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities:
- Provide information, advice and guidance by telephone, email, online and face to face, ensuring customer service standards are maintained, responding to parents, professionals and practitioners in a professional and timely manner, especially those who are emotional or upset and signposting customers to other relevant services as appropriate.
- Support the booking of appropriate training venues and scheduling dates and time of all courses with trainers, ensuring that facilities and resources are in place on the day of training for the smooth running of each course.
- Entering details accurately on Early Years Service databases for example Family Service Directory, SAMS training database, including indexing, searching and publishing information.
- Be proactive in researching local activities, support groups and other family services to ensure that information for families is up to date and comprehensive.
- Responsible for supporting the take up of early education across the borough, maintaining up to date information on the availability of places within the childcare market through close collaboration with childcare providers and colleagues.
- Support the maintenance of public facing websites across the service, processing and adding information accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Undertake administrative duties relevant to the post, for example filing and archiving service provider records.
Skills and Experience:
- Must be educated to a good standard, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent or significant relevant experience.
- Experience of working with databases to collect and retrieve information and present it in a form appropriate to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience working in an office environment and a good understanding of office administration systems, making full use of ICT.
- Good knowledge, skills and understanding of using a variety of IT software packages for word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, scheduling and presentations and ability to maintain recording systems..
- To have appropriate skills to manage a demanding workload, to work under pressure and to complete tasks within deadlines with the ability to prioritise, plan and organise one's work .
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with members of staff and people outside the Council to resolve enquiries, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, sharing workloads with others, taking responsibility for areas of work, and maintaining an awareness of team priorities and responsibilities.
- To have a good understanding of equal opportunities legislation and commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to travel around the borough.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases