Up to £14.38 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
29 days ago
A 3 Month+ opportunity, with the possibility of an extension, has arisen for an Independent Senior Living Officer within the local authorities in Bournemouth.
To manage and supervise the Council's Independent Senior Living accommodation including Category 1 and 2 accommodation as well as 2½ Extra Care accommodation.
To create a secure and reassuring atmosphere for vulnerable tenants residing in Category 2 and 2½ accommodation to provide support to those tenants living in Category 1 accommodation
Ensure that the appropriate support and care services are provided to enable tenants to live independently.
To provide essential services to elderly tenants that are integral to the council's strategic objective in sustaining independent living and reducing the demand for residential care facilities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To help identify care and support needs of tenants and assist them in obtaining assessments and accessing care packages.
- To make referrals to other teams and agencies such as Social Services and Community Mental Health teams and to attend and participate in case conferences and meetings as required.
- To identify and monitor potential abuse of vulnerable tenants and to take steps in accordance with the Council's safeguarding policy.
- To maintain up-to-date records for all tenants and to ensure that Tenant Emergency Information and other information is passed to Central Control when there is a change is a tenant's circumstances.
- To maintain records of all contact with tenants regarding tenancy issues or support needs on Tenant Emergency Information sheets or Northgate Housing system. To monitor admission & discharge of residents from hospital.
- To promote and oversee the installation and programming of equipment that will assist tenants to live independently in their own homes and to explain the operation and usage of any equipment connected to central control, in order that tenants utilise the service effectively. To test emergency pendants monthly.
- To manage and provide support to residents in emergency situations including injury, medical emergencies, lockouts and breakdown in service delivery e.g. power cuts affecting lifts.
- To provide support and encouragement to tenants to organise social events for other tenants living in Independent Senior Living.
Monday - Friday
Rate of Pay:
There could be flexibility in the rate for the preferred candidate.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.