£10.14 - £12.31 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
27 days ago
A 3 Month+ opportunity has arisen for an Income Recovery Officer within the local authorities in Portsmouth.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone to join our Accommodation & Lettings team in Housing Needs & Advice who can demonstrate a commitment to excellent customer service coupled with a positive attitude when faced with challenging situations. You should be calm, capable and good with people, ready to listen to their issues and determined to resolve any problems. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
What is the role?
The Income Recovery Officer role is based within the accommodation & lettings team and will be responsible for maximising rental income & minimising debt for approximately 130 temporary accommodation properties. A key element of this role is to provide advice & support when needed to enable people to solve problems and cope to stay in their homes. You will do this by engaging with customers to understand their circumstances and identity the barriers that prevent them meeting their responsibilities as a tenant.
This is a full time role based within the Housing Needs & Advice section at the Town Hall & working at home. There is a requirement to undertake home visits when the need arises to fully engage with customers.
Who is the person?
We are looking for somebody who:
- Has excellent listening skills and can use knowledge gained to fully understand customers' circumstances.
- Has experience of dealing with people in a challenging front line service.
- Has a general understanding of rental income collection and debt recovery.
- Is a strong verbal communicator who can provide clear and effective advice to the customer to ensure that they understand their responsibilities and the consequences of their decisions. You will also be required to liaise with other departments within the council and externally.
- Has clear written communication skills including the ability to record information accurately and write formal letters.
- Is passionate and enthusiastic about providing effective help and advice for customers to achieve positive outcomes.
- Can manage their time effectively and professionally, even when competing priorities and heavy workloads challenge them personally.
- Is pro-active and highly motivated with the ability to work quickly, accurately and consistently when under pressure.
- Is confident and assertive, able to ask the right questions in the right way to uncover the facts. They must be able to manage customers' expectations and have the ability to challenge and say no when appropriate.
- Is methodical, numerate and has good IT skills.
- Ideally has an awareness of the reasons why people become homeless, and the issues facing vulnerable client groups.
- Is committed to equal opportunities
- Is happy to question current procedures and suggest improvements
Rate of pay
Remote working at the moment and then when phased back in, it will be alternate weeks in the office.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
Hours of work are 09:00am -5:00pm, Monday - Friday.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.