£10.14 - £11.14 per hour
8 days ago
3 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for an Income Recovery Officer to join our busy offices based in Gosport on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £10.14 p/h.
As the Income Recovery Officer, your main duties will include:
- Responsible for maximising rental income & minimising debt for approximately 130 temporary accommodation properties.
- To provide advice & support when needed to enable people to solve problems and cope to stay in their homes.
- Engaging with customers to understand their circumstances and identity the barriers that prevent them meeting their responsibilities as a tenant.
- This is a full time role based within the Housing Needs & Advice section at the Town Hall & working at home. There is a requirement to undertake home visits when the need arises to fully engage with customers.
To be successful for this Income Recovery Officer post you will need to have:
- Has excellent listening skills and can use knowledge gained to fully understand customers' circumstances.
- Has experience of dealing with people in a challenging front line service.
- Has a general understanding of rental income collection and debt recovery.
- Is a strong verbal communicator who can provide clear and effective advice to the customer to ensure that they understand their responsibilities and the consequences of their decisions.
- You will also be required to liaise with other departments within the council and externally.
- Has clear written communication skills including the ability to record information accurately and write formal letters.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.