Up to £10.14 per hour
23 days ago
3 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for an Income Recovery Officer to join our busy offices based in Gosport on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £10.14 p/h.
As the Income Recovery Officer, your main duties will include:
- We are forging a new relationship working together to the mutual advantage of both authorities. GBC will remain an autonomous local authority with a housing service based in Gosport.
- We manage over 3,000 council houses and flats, some of which are dedicated to older persons and some as temporary accommodation. The service manages a varied Commercial property portfolio dealing with licences, concessions and a mobile home park.
- The service works in partnership with a range of contractors, its main partner is Kier, providing a range of responsive repairs, planned programme of works and an out of hours service.
- The service provides a Housing Options service to meet the local authorities' statutory duties to support housing advice, housing need and homelessness services in the Borough.
- It is clear that Property and Housing staff have a passion for Gosport as a place and want to see Gosport prosper. They take pride and are proud of all the Council has achieved. The service has demonstrated a determination in the face of unprecedented financial and policy change which has strengthened the resolve and those qualities will be essential over the next few years.
- The Taking Housing Forward change programme is led by a focus on a service designed to meet the needs of customers. It is an ambitious programme and starts with a structural change, creating new roles at all levels of the service which will drive continuous improvement.
To be successful for this Income Recovery Officer post you will need to have:
- Has experience of dealing with people in challenging front line service.
- Has a general understanding of rental income collection and debt recovery.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.