£10.92 - £11.92 per hour + PAYE/Umbrella
22 days ago
6 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for an Income Recovery Officer to join our client's offices based in Nuneaton on a temporary contract basis for 6 months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 37 hours per week at £10.92 p/h PAYE.
As the Income Recovery Officer, your main duties will include:
- To process Council Tax and Non-Domestic Rate debt making a decision on the appropriate course of action in relation to the debt taking into account the individual circumstances of the debtor.
- Process Housing Benefit Overpayments and Sundry Debts making a decision on the appropriate course of action in relation to the debt taking into account the individual circumstances of the debtor.
- Process and monitor arrangements, attachments to benefits and attachments to earnings taking the appropriate action where necessary.
- To take the necessary action to trace debtors that have left with no forwarding address and update accounts as appropriate. Where necessary arrange for any write off action to be processed.
- Refer cases to the enforcement agent/debt collection agent as required
- To carry out the appropriate checks and make referrals as necessary with regard to cases that will be sent to enforcement or collection agents.
- Deal with enquiries at both the counter and on the telephone as required and undertake private interviews at the Council offices as necessary.
- Take the necessary action to deal with complex enquiries and respond in writing, on the telephone or face to face as appropriate.
- Have a working knowledge of the computer system and be aware of the impact the inputting of information has on other systems.
- Liaise with other sections of the Council, enforcement/collection agents and other outside bodies as required.
- To have an awareness of issues and vulnerabilities of residents and make referrals as needed e.g. debt advice, child protection, drug & alcohol misuse, etc and to take a holistic view with regard to debt recovery.
To be successful for this Income Recovery Officer post you will need to have:
- Recent and relevant experience of working in Local Taxation or Debt Collection environment.
- Recent and relevant work in an office environment with computer and manual records.
- Knowledge of Civica OpenRevs Local Taxation Computer system.
- Is required to hold a qualification at NVQ Level two on the National Qualifications Framework.
- Ability to compose non - standard letters.
- Proficiency in using computers i.e. Inputting and processing data.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.