Worthing, West Sussex
Up to £64 per day
24 days ago
Our client is seeking an Income Recovery Officer on a 6-8 week contract with the possibility of becoming permanent.
This position is paying £64 a day PAYE.
Being customer focused and having the right attitude, drive and enthusiasm are key ingredients for this role. You will be a qualified and an experienced professional with drive, organisational ability and vision. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. We strive to obtain a high level of commitment and excellence in the delivery of our customer service. We have invested in the latest technology to enable us to work almost completely electronically and we encourage flexible and agile working.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of income recovery to include effective management of Universal Credit claimants
- Evidence of and commitment to the delivery of a high-quality customer service
- Experience of liaising with other internal departments and external agencies including local authority's housing benefit departments and the DWP to resolve payment queries, maximise income and minimise arrears
- Experience of working with people with complex needs to provide guidance and support
- A full clean driving license and a car available for use as the role will involve visiting residents in their own homes.
- To manage a quota of arrears cases by geographical area
- To regularly monitor rent accounts, initiate appropriate action where necessary and apply a consistent approach to arrears management in line with our policies and procedures
- To provide advice and information to residents on benefits, debt management and arrears, referring residents to the Financial Inclusion Co-ordinator or external agencies where appropriate
- With the authorisation of the Neighbourhood Manager, take enforcement action through the County Court, attending hearings and evictions where necessary, ensuring the pre-action protocol is complied with before issuing proceedings.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases