£11.88 - £12.47 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Income Officer on an initial 1 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
The Income Officer will play a key role in ensuring that an efficient and effective service is provided in relation to invoice payments and income collection.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide advice to internal services on the invoice requisition process
- General administration of the Direct Debit system
- Create customer accounts
- Entry and completion of internal & external invoices, credit notes and standing charge records
- Amend existing standing charge records
- Carry out reconciliations of feeder systems e.g. markets, community centres.
- Entry and posting of daily cash
- Debt recovery (written & telephone) including repayment plans and use of online payment system
- Customer liaison and enquiries (Internal & External)
- Production of invoices from system interfaces
- Invoice printing / checking
- Provide advice to internal services on the invoice payment process
- Input of internal & external supplier Invoices / credit notes
- Production of invoice batches from system interfaces
- Invoice approval
- Carry out BACS payment run process
- Carry out cheque payment run process
- Customer & supplier account updates
- Creation of reports using report writing tool
- Creation and testing of procedure notes
- Ability to carry out reconciliations between feeder systems e.g. trade waste and the main accounting system
- Provide statistical, graphical and financial information, including performance indicators
- Assist with the correct operation of the Construction Industry Scheme in accordance with HMRC guidelines, including the deduction recording and payment of all tax under the scheme and completion of returns.
- Administer and reconcile the Council's Government Procurement Card Scheme under the guidance of the Support Services Manager
- Assist with Commercial Property related issues.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS).
- Knowledge of Value Added Tax (VAT) for Income and payments.
- Knowledge of the Direct Debit Scheme rules and regulations for collection.
- Experience in spreadsheets we expect of our Staff).
- Numerate and accurate.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, both written and oral.
- Experience of office ICT systems including Word, Excel, E-mail and searching for information on the internet.
- Ability to create spreadsheets and manipulate data.
- Ability to prioritise workload in response to client and business requirements.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to maintain high concentration levels.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases