£22.50 - £23.62 per hour
18 days ago
Our client is currently seeking a ICT Test Analyst on an initial 1 year contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Based within the ICT service's Design and Transition team, the role provides professional testing skills and experience, supporting the ongoing programme of business-driven technology change and solution development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Producing test strategies, test plans, test scripts, test results and release notes.
- Working with Business Analysts to define robust acceptance criteria for requirements/user stories.
- Ensuring that each project or change is adequately tested through:
- Performing system testing (smoke, functional, integration)
- Supporting stakeholders conduct effective User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Communicating effectively with 3rd parties when they are implementing solutions on our behalf, holding them to account based on your test findings.
- Communicating with developers and ICT engineers to explain test findings so that resolution can be effectively achieved.
- Support the lead Test Analyst to champion testing best practice.
- To enable us to shortlist in a fair and unbiased way it is absolutely vital that you provide us with sufficient information to demonstrate how you meet or exceed the criteria outlined in the vacancy description. Please include this information in the knowledge, skills and experience section of the application form.
- A degree in a computer related field, or the equivalent ICT technical knowledge, in a technical discipline related to Test and Release processes such as ITIL Release, Control and Validation or International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB)
- Relevant practical experience in a software/solution testing role for an ICT service in a complex operating environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Azure DevOps (formally Visual Studio Team Services or Team Foundation Services), or an equivalent tool such as Jira.
- Experience in the use of testing, quality assurance and debugging tools. For example, automation tools (such as Selenium), load test tools (such as LoadRunner), or web service debugging tools (such as Postman or SOAP UI).
- Experience of Agile project management methodologies.
- Good written communication skills especially relating to producing clear, system test plans, test scripts, test results and closure reports.
- Able to deal with competing workloads and prioritise accordingly, in line with service priorities.
- Able to communicate effectively with a range of customers and stakeholders, in order to provide an excellent customer service.
- Able to prioritise your own work.
- Good understanding of the functionality provided by typical ERP, case management and CRM systems, productivity and collaboration tools, desktop and mobile operating systems, and ICT management tools.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of testing solutions delivered on the Microsoft stack, including but not limited to:
- Dynamics 365
- Office 365 (including SharePoint)
- Intune device and application management
- Being able to write effective requirements, sometimes in the form of formal User Stories.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases