£10.27 - £10.78 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a ICT Support Officer on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
39.5 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
The mission of the council is its ICT's Service Management Division is to provide customer focused, reliable, cost effective and robust ICT Infrastructure and Client Support services.
Its ambition is therefore to ensure that it helps to make efficient and continually helps to improve and innovate the Business it serves through the strategic use of Information and Communication technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide effective 1st and 2nd line Support to the SCC user community as and when required.
- Be a member of and positive contributor to the Client Services Support team.
- Ensure that service levels are achieved and plans are generated to ensure continuous improvements.
- Communicate regularly with the Service Delivery team and customers on key changes affecting operational service delivery.
- Work within a program and culture of continuous improvement in order to improve quality and effectiveness.
- Assist in the establishment of appropriate channels of communication with other ICT teams in order to contribute where appropriate to assisting in achieving their goals.
- Ensure that procedures in the areas of Problem, Incident, Change, Configuration and Release management are followed.
- To support the Team Leader and Senior IT Support Officer to deliver the service within identified budgetary resources.
- Contribute to the development of objectives and action plans helping to deliver the ICT Strategy.
- Ensure the CIO and senior managers are kept informed of any extensive breaks in service.
- Keep abreast of developing improvements regarding desktop hardware, operating systems and user applications, best practices and industry standards through networking, conferences etc.
- Assist in the preparation, maintenance and testing of Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Ensure that all inventories, asset registers, applications portfolios, customer databases, schematics, schedules and configurations are available and accurate.
- To participate in the full range of Departmental and County Council activities including corporate working groups and other initiatives as required from time to time.
- Such other duties as may arise in connection with the activities mentioned above.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in a support environment
- Good ICT Technical Knowledge
- Awareness of ICT technical infrastructure
- Professional approach
- A commitment to deliver services to an agreed level
- Good communicator - written and verbal
- Committed to continuous improvement
- Analytic approach to problem solving
- The ability to travel effectively around the Council.
For this job role you will need the following:
- 2 Years written referencing (All gaps verified)
- You are eligible to work in the UK
- Last 2 employers Names
- A suitable NI Number
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases