£20.55 - £21.58 per hour
17 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Ict Project Manager to join our clients offices based in Crewe on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Ict Project Manager, your main duties will include:
- Define, manage, assess, estimate and document the execution of one or more complex projects or work streams in accordance with appropriate policies and processes, scrutinizing all activities against plan, providing regular and accurate financial and technical progress reports to senior managers, clients, users, suppliers and colleagues in order to deliver a quality product or service within agreed resources, timescales and other business constraints including budgets.
- Take professional responsibility for the full range of technical and supplier relationship management aspects of systems, products, services or infrastructure specification, capacity planning, strategic and operational design, policy and process definition, development, procurement, implementation, hand over and support in order to deliver effective business solutions that meet the needs of the clients and their users and comply with appropriate professional, technical and national standards.
- Lead, manage and motivate large project teams in a matrix management environment influencing, negotiating and providing technical advice and expertise to clients, external partners, contractors and colleagues, undertaking appraisals and taking responsibility for mentoring staff, in order to encourage the development of their skills and expertise, and to broaden and increase both business and technical knowledge to ensure that best practice and specialist skills are shared and effective relationships are built and maintained.
To be successful for this Ict Project Manager post you will need to have:
- Degree level qualification in a relevant field or an level of equivalent experience
- Extensive experience working in IT, including management experience in a technical area
- Programme and project management, including initial scoping, feasibility assessments and managing budgets within agreed constraints, using Prince 2 project planning, management and control techniques, e.g. risk assessment and critical path analysis
- Experience of managing multidisciplinary teams, including matrix management of staff working projects
- A comprehensive awareness of current and emerging technology, and a developed understanding of industry directions
- Awareness and understanding of the principles and operation of procurement and tendering exercises
- Developed knowledge of ICT tools, methods and, infrastructure, hardware and software
- A good understanding of technical architecture issues, technical solutions and forensic techniques
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.