Leeds, West Yorkshire
£17.56 - £18.44 per hour
22 days ago
Our client is seeking an ICT Project Manager on the initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- Lead the planning and delivery of medium/high profile ICT projects which form part of a wider ICT technology programme for the organisation,
- Be the Case Officer on medium/high profile projects.
- Work in partnership with external partners to achieve joint objectives.
- Design, implement and maintain the systems required for delivering the objectives of your function to support the Combined Authority in achieving its vision.
- Take a pro-active corporate role in the management of your function including participating in delivering your directorate's objectives.
- Demonstrate commitment to corporate processes and ensure these are delivered at all times.
- Be a visible and enthusiastic manager, encouraging partnership working across the organisation.
- Influence, develop and motivate your team, taking a positive approach to their development.
Duties and Responsibilities-
- Encourage a partnership approach to work across the organisation and externally.
- Provide clear direction, focussing on developing and motivating your team(s) to ensure targets are achieved.
- Manage the workflow of the team to deliver a strong performance management culture, where people are accountable for the delivery of results.
- Monitor productivity levels and balance of skills within your team, taking action to ensure that they are equipped to complete their work.
- Create the right working environment for your team, with a solid ethic of working towards achievement of our vision, utilising the Combined Authority's policies and procedures.
- Take a proactive approach to management of change and recruitment processes, leading consultation meetings and interviews.
- Ensure appropriate communication channels are in place and effective between you and your direct reports.
- Fulfil the HR processes associated with being a people manager, e.g. employee relations and development issues.
- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams to deliver a range of complex or high profile ICT projects, as allocated, which form part of a wider ICT technology programme for the organisation.
- Leading a range of ICT projects, which may include, but is not limited to, LAN/WAN upgrades, Windows operating system migrations, Skype for Business migrations, Office 365, Sharepoint, cybersecurity and ICT governance
- Developing detailed ICT systems requirement specifications, to achieve key business outcomes and meet user needs.
- Manage the development of business cases, ensuring the scope will deliver the capability to enable the benefits of the project to be realised, identifying tasks, undertaking specific technical works and managing works within agreed tolerances.
- Understand customer needs to manage the development of business case appraisals and submission to the Programme Appraisal Team (PAT), working with the Portfolio Management Office (PMO).
- Allocating resources in conjunction with the SRO/Head of Service and Team leads as appropriate.
- Translating customer needs (Internal depts, Public, Politicians, Delivery Partners etc.) into work packages for allocation to the project team in line with the appropriate project management techniques, documenting quality expectations and acceptance criteria.
- Ensure that project management procedures are followed in accordance with the Assurance Framework and that reports are planned and prepared for the relevant governance and committee meetings in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the procurement, appointment and management of technical and commercial consultants, suppliers and contractors, the provision of technical input and support to projects as required.
- Preparation of briefs, reports, press releases and communications.
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders, representing the Combined Authority and Delivery Partners, attending and chairing meetings and site visits, including undertaking public consultation on projects as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring projects are delivered in accordance with agreed plans, following the principles of 'Management by Exception', by creating and implementing strategies to manage time, cost, quality, risk, communication, health & safety, issues and change management, authorising work packages and using the relevant Assurance processes.
- Develop and share best practice and lessons learned across the Combined Authority and externally as appropriate.
- Responsible for closing projects and passing the Benefits Realisation Plan to the Business Change Manager.
- Case Officer on medium/high profile projects, ensuring appropriate appraisal is undertaken and reports completed to present to the Project Appraisal Team (PAT).
- Typically work on horizons of one year, in line with the objectives set in the business plan.
- Ensure your function has the right procedures in place to achieve your strategic objectives, developing and amending processes as required.
- Forward plan the workload of the function, thinking through potential contributions, identifying appropriate solutions and acting accordingly.
- Lead by example on health & safety matters, ensuring compliance with the Combined Authority's health and safety policy.
Skills and Experience-
- Holds a degree in a relevant field or relevant demonstrable practical experience.
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. PRINCE2 Practitioner, MSP, Agile APM)
- Practical experience of successfully performing in a similar role.
- Proven experience in ICT Project Management
- Experience of a broad range of ICT technologies including networking, hardware & infrastructure, Operating systems and enterprise voice systems.
- A working knowledge of ICT statutory, legislative requirements and standards (e.g. ICT security principles, ISO27001, PSN).
- Proven Contract and Project Management skills, and knowledge of a variety of techniques and good practice.
- Significant experience of procurement procedures, including OJEU, and working with legal advisors to negotiate contracts.
- Knowledge of ICT best practices with ITIL Foundation qualification.
- Knowledge of applying a wide range of complex procedures to deliver medium/high profile projects, including financial systems and procedures, and reporting to Government.
- Experience of prioritising, planning and organising workloads to manage expectations and deadlines.
- Experience of managing people including appraisals, performance management, disciplinary, recruitment and selection.
- Experience of organisational change and supporting people through behavioural, system and process change.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate a multi-disciplinary team, planning and delivering diverse activities/work packages within agreed tolerances, identifying issues early and effectively resolve them.
- Demonstrable experience of managing and championing change successfully.
- Strong communication skills with the proven ability to influence, negotiate and challenge.
- Experience of making compelling business cases/ reports to a range of audiences.
- Ability to demonstrate creative thinking and clear leadership in order to deliver agreed business outcomes and lead stakeholders though all stages of delivering complex ICT projects
- Ability to analyse, interpret and assess data/information and provide recommendations to the PAT / other Case Officers.
- Experience of working in partnership with stakeholders including political members, suppliers, public and private organisations and residents.
- Ability to evaluate and develop new processes to deliver change management.
- Ability to work with and for internal depts. (e.g. Feasibility and Assurance) in a matrix management arrangement, if/when required.
- Ability to work with and for Delivery Partners (districts) if/when required.
- Identify when corrective action is required, recommend action or implement.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing budgets.
- Knowledge and experience of applying financial systems and procedures for reporting in compliance with internal governance and assurance procedures and requirements of external founders.
- Ability to ensure value for money is obtained through rigorous project appraisal and applied knowledge of competitive procurement and value engineering techniques.
- Proven experience of confidently and professionally conveying information both written and oral in a clear, concise and persuasive style.
- Comprehensive experience of leading, negotiating and influencing stakeholders.
- Experienced in forming and developing effective senior level working relationships with Members, Government and partner organisations to achieve the best outcomes for the organisation.
- Comprehensive experience of providing leadership in a complex public-private sector partnership context.
- Ability to communicate complex information effectively, accurately and appropriately to different audiences using a range of media.
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers and Delivery Partners in the public and private sector and effectively manage conflict resolution.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.