£26.01 - £27.31 per hour
17 days ago
Our client is seeking a Ict Project Manager on an initial 9 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37 Hours
Pay Rate: £26.01 P/H PAYE
Based within the ICT service's Design and Transition team, the role provides project management skills and experience supporting the ongoing programme of business-driven technology change.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing the concurrent delivery of technology projects from a wide portfolio, including but not limited to:
- New technology implementation
- System upgrades
- Device rollout to customers
- Managing external third-party ICT suppliers throughout the duration of the project life cycle.
- Communicating effectively with project stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Coordinating ICT technical pre-sales and procurement activities at project initiation.
- Transitioning the technical solution into operational support as part of project closure, and ensuring 'lessons learned' is performed and recorded.
- Prioritising, setting clear goals and targets, monitoring progress, and holding delivery team members to account.
- Using judgement and criteria to adapt previous approaches in the light of current circumstances.
- Making effective decisions in the absence of complete information to ensure work can move forward whilst mitigating risk.
- Ensuring ICT strategy is not compromised during project delivery unless agreed as an exception
Skills and Experience:
- Be a qualified PRINCE2 Practitioner or equivalent relevant experience.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects concurrently as part of a wider project portfolio which may have interdependence's.
- Demonstrable expertise in manging projects to time, quality and budget.
- Demonstrable experience identifying and managing technical risks, issues and interdependencies.
- Experienced in communicating to wide range of stakeholders, including use of good negotiation skills.
- Have professional creditability and the ability to represent the ICT division effectively.
- Using structured and organised working practices such as writing accurate project documentation or maintaining RAID logs.
- Ability to work independently (problem solving and decision making), but understanding when it is appropriate/necessary to seek senior direction
- Able to prioritise your own work and the work of others, especially in an environment of conflicting requirements.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.