£21.50 - £22.58 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our client is seeking a ICT Engineer on an initial 7 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
The post holder will be one of a number of Engineers who provide technical expertise for an engineering domain within ICT. Under the supervision of the relevant workstream Principal Engineer and guidance of Senior Engineers, this role provides proactive monitoring, 1st and 2nd level support and problem resolution to ensure that business application platforms are available in line with, and where possible, surpassing Service Level Agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and organise projects and cases to achieve defined policy/technical outcomes in accordance with agreed standards and timescales.
- Develop practical approaches to resolve issues plan their implementation and manage their delivery
- Determine the data/information required to assess and resolve given problems; undertake analysis and derive conclusions to inform solutions as a basis for setting out options and making recommendations.
- Provide specialist advice to customers on interpreting and applying policies and technical principles ensuring that effective customer relationships are established and maintained, advice is clear, accurate and quickly given, the Council is aware of any implications, risks and benefits and solutions are negotiated successfully.
- Prepare and present reports on cases/a range of issues ensuring that they are completed on time and meet Council guidelines.
- Represent the Council's interests ensuring that the Council's position is advocated and that a clear summary of issues, progress and implications is given.
- Ensure compliance with department and Council policies, regulations and codes of practice.
- As appropriate give some technical advice and guidance to team members.
- Be the Council's expert witness as and when required
- Contacts and Relationships
- You will work with internal and external contacts, colleagues and teams providing and receiving information in order to present cases and make recommendations.
- You will also present the Council's case to customers and contacts; influencing and persuading to agree satisfactory outcomes.
- Work Planning, Procedures and Organisation
- You will work within Council and professional legislation's, regulations and codes of practice.
- You will apply specialist and detailed knowledge
- You will have some scope to develop project implementation plans within defined parameters.
- Plan and organise your own work ensuring that targets and timescales are met.
- Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- You will have a degree or equivalent qualification, or equivalent relevant experience
- You will hold or be working towards a relevant professional/technical qualification
- You will have relevant practical experience; backed by evidence of appropriate specialist knowledge.
- You will be able to determine your own priorities in dealing with competing workloads
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- You will demonstrate knowledge in the use of software packages including in house systems.
- If relevant you will have experience of monitoring resources.
- Able to demonstrate the Council's values and behaviours.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases