£21.60 - £22.68 per hour
21 days ago
Our client is seeking an ICT Change Manager on the initial 6 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
The ICT Change Manager will be responsible for supporting the County Council's change initiatives and business plans by managing the delivery of multiple concurrent ICT projects and Service Changes.
The ICT Change Manager will be responsible for the definition, documentation and successful completion of assigned ICT projects, Service Changes and for leading the ICT elements of corporately recognised programmes. Post holders will ensure that appropriate delivery plans, risk registers, issue logs and reports are created and managed in accordance with the ICT Service Change Process.
This post holder is responsible for ensuring that all relevant County policies and procedures are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies
Duties and Responsibilities-
- Deliver assigned service changes/projects to agreed scope, timescales, quality and costs
- In the context of assigned projects, where appropriate ensure the methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of all or part of a business in terms of business functions and processes
- Ensure the effective definition of requirements for improving any aspect of process and systems and successful identification of potential business benefits and outcomes
- Provide line management support for contract and other staff assigned to projects and service change teams
- Negotiate with ICT Managers and Principal ICT Change Managers regards the appropriate release of project resource required, providing clear leadership for staff assigned to projects and service changes and provide feedback to managers on their skill and performance
- Manage physical resources associated with projects and service changes, ensuring that purchased and re-assigned assets are effectively implemented and that the responsibilities for support are agreed and undertaken by the Service Operations Team Page 2 of 7
- Manage finances associated with the delivery of projects ensuring that financial procedures and approval requirements are complied with
- Responsible for managing, co-ordinating and understanding how and when relevant ICT professional disciplines need to be brought to bear as part of the successful delivery of projects and service changes. This includes a broad understanding and appreciation of the systems, technologies and processes involved.
- Maintain and develop a knowledge of:
- Modern project management techniques and standards
- Current and emerging ICT technologies and market trends
- ITIL good practice for ICT management and local implementation
- Key council objectives and initiatives and directorate and service plans
- Comply with relevant corporate and service programme/project and governance procedures, including the identification and management of risk; corporate technical standards and security/privacy standards
- Deputise for Principal ICT Change Managers as appropriate
Skills and Experience-
- In depth knowledge and understanding of ICT Service Delivery
- ITIL Foundation qualification
- Project Management Training
- Broad understanding and knowledge of technology gained from working in a medium to large scale organisation
- Knowledge of technical security and information management
- Significant experience in an ICT project management or Service Delivery role with a track record of successful and proven project or task delivery
- Experience of business process re-engineering and familiarity with the techniques used
- Experience of resource planning and management of team-
- Experience of procuring and managing effective supplier relationships and contracts
- Broad commercial experience gained through management of suppliers of technology and services
- Experience of managing the design and delivery of technical and business solutions to achieve organisational objectives
- Managing the delivery of effective ICT projects and service changes that support business change and improve council services
- Knowledge and skills in at least one significant ICT technology discipline.
- Effective negotiation, communication and presentation skills
- Effective identification and management of issues and risk.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in an effective and efficient way
- Ability to develop comprehensive and appropriate plans for the delivery of service changes and projects Adapts style to ensure that activities are aligned with strategic objectives
- Experience of working as a programme manager or as part of a programme
- Technical experience gained from the rollout and support of technology in a public services environment
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.